Saturday, March 30, 2013

An Intensified State of Being

March 30, 2013

I feel that I am in an intensified state of being. (It's interesting to see how studying Italian is changing the way I use my words.)  I feel so... ALIVE. Taking in every breath with intense gratitude.  Gratitude that I have the privilege of being able to spend 90 days in Italy.... it seems indescribable really... but I will try...to use my words...      

Having weathered a terrible 'storm' in my life makes finding beauty  that much more... concentrated.  That much more important.  I am so grateful that I have this new perspective.  This new life!

I had such an amazing privilege this evening that I am absolutely convinced that my dear friends  back in the States are praying for me.  No question about it.  Let me tell you...

There are a couple of Italian gals, Cinzia and Camilla, who have opened the delightful  B&B La Roma di Camilla where I am staying here in Rome.  They speak Italian to me in a way that is clear... and so I really enjoy talking to them.  Also they are funny and quick to laugh!  We became fast friends :)

They invited me to come with them in their car to see those special places that few tourists see.


 On the Janiculum Hill above Rome, the Acqua Paola, as the water loudly rushes through its fountains.


I am finding my new life, and so I use my middle name here, because it too is new to me: Suzanne...(besides it Italian!) ummm.. guess who's happy!?


These are my kind, generous and fun new Italian 'amice'  :) Mafalda, Camilla and Cinzia. We are on the Terrace above Rome enjoying the astounding view. 


Here's that view I was referring to above, um, without us happy girls in the way...


 What is it about gratitude makes that your heart fill so very full?
...Well at this place my full heart talked to my eyes so that they watered...
remember that intensified living thing... well i certainly felt it here...
My friends took me to this very special place called Gardino degli Aranci.  In the picture, everyone is lined up to peek through a key hole to see a path lined with hedges to the distant Dome of St. Peters.  It is early evening so the Basilica is lite dramatically.
Beyond beautiful.


...oh, just a random beautiful Roman fountain...


We concluded our lovely evening with food of course!  This is Italy!  We exchanged all kinds of information about the Italian verses the American way of life including lots of laughter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Goody, I get to be the very first commenter on your new blog! You look quite happy in these pics of your "new life", and how fun to see your new friends and visiting beautiful places off the beaten path. Yes, GRATITUDE for whatever God sends our way is the key!

Kim

Anonymous said...

So great to hear from you and to see that you are VERY happy and full of New Life! It's there for us to just grasp it!

Love you,
A. Dee

Suzanne Hardaway said...

Suzanne! That's a wonderful name! : )
So proud of you and your venture in Italy. Also thankful that is accomplishing so many positives in your life.
Learning a new language at this stage in our lives must be a daunting task....you go girlfriend! Keep us posted on your progress. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are happy and safe. Sounds like you are getting a lot out of your experience. Deep growth. Love hearing of your adventures. Please share at every opportunity! Jen Krum