Sunday, April 7, 2013

The first place I am staying in Italy...Punta Ala Cavalli! Bellissimo!

Many people have asked me how I have managed to find Italian familys who need volunteer help (around their house, farm, riding stable or Bed & Breakfast) in exchange for room and board...
After studying Italian many years, I was considering going to language school in Italy for full immersion.  As I wondered how to make this work, I randomly googled: "work at a horse farm in Italy" and voila! A website called "Workaway.com" came up. :)
and this I could afford!

This is the first place I will be working here in Italy, called Punta Ala Cavalli, a riding stable...
The people and horses here are wonderful!
This is Christina and her bellisimo horse, Vulcan...
Christina is a warm, beautiful person, whose passion is riding and sharing her love for horses.
She is like a sister to me.


 This is Punta Ala, Italy from the air... you know from a perspective you never, (hardly ever), get to see...
I got this picture from a poster at the real estate office window...
Punta Ala Cavalli is only 2 hours from Florence on the Ocean...
Come visit for a ride on the beach or lessons!
puntaalacavalli.com 


This is my friend, Marco Cavallo... He is like an italian Buck Brannaman...
He is extremely good with the horses he is training here at Punta Ala Cavalli...


Marco speaks a silent language to which the horses respond in a way that makes him look as if he is dancing with them.


This is some Americana who gets to train this sweet pony with Marco's natural horseman's method...


Here is where each horse is tucked into 'bed' each night with fresh, fragrant straw and a nice pile of hay....


A short distance from Punta Ala Cavelli is this beautiful feild to ride in :)




The arena next to the polo feild..



The Sea just beyond the polo feild... aaahhh for a land-locked Montana girl the salty, fresh mineral smell and sh-sh sound ofThe Sea are a welcome experience.



The Port filled with 'Barca a Vela'...Boat of the Veil below...



Thank you for coming along with me on this adventure.
I would love to hear your comments from time to time..
IN ENGLISH PLEASE! haha

Ciao from this tranquillo e bellissimo place...





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this! Fun to see where your first "job" is at and what it looks like! It's beautiful countryside there. I can just picture you working with the horses :)

Kim

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me! Your time in Italy looks amazing! I have already learned so much from you blog and I am so excited to go in May! Were the lines for the monuments horribly long?

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I can "feel" the tranquillo just to know where you will be putting your tired, sweet body down to rest at night :) Your blog really depicts you! Will your friend Amanda be visiting you? Cold and snowy here and no ocean sounds :) Love you! D

Anonymous said...

....most importantly we'll make a biker out of you yet!

;) Auntie